ANNOUNCEMENTS

I am sorry to announce that I have made a decision to officially close Cypsis' Blog.

All the reviews stay up as they are, but I will not write more reviews. Cypsis' Blog had many ups-and-downs during those 7 years and I have tried to give the best I could, but unfortunately my life has moved on so much that finding time for reviewing has become more and more difficult. Closing the blog is breaking my heart, but I have thought a lot about it and understood that it is for the best. I am very thankful to everybody who have enjoyed reading my reviews.
(PS. I am still continuing to watch Asian dramas and you can always find me on Mydramalist.com)

Thank you for all these 7 years. I hope that those 240 reviews made you happy. I truly had unforgettable time writing them!

Sincerely, Cypsis
01.01.2018

Monday, April 17, 2017

Naze Shoujo wa Kioku wo ushinawanakereba naranakatta no ka? (2014)


Country: Japan
Format: Special movie
Genre: psychological, drama
Cast: Yamashita Tomohisa, Kimura Funimo, Asari Yosuke, Watanabe Konomi, Namioka Kazuki, Tsukaji Moga, Nakamura Yasushi, Hoshino Mari, Funakoshi Eiichiro, Kimoto Takehiro, Nakano Haruto,
Synopsis: Within process of arson incidents, police finds a young girl locked into white room in the house of the suspect. The girl does not say a word and the suspect is deaf. Psychologist Narumi Saku is included to the investigation in order to find out the truth of the silent girl.
Rating: 3/5
This is more or less the last weak role from Yamashita Tomohisa before getting back into serious acting. Also, this is one of the least known roles from him in recent years as this kind of tv specials are not exactly his thing. It is far from anything mindblowing and the plot can get rather predictable early in the start, but of course it has some of its own charms that make it rather decent movie.


Yamashita's acting is average here, as the role itself did not need much of a talent to act. I was expecting more psychological things from his character. You can see how he is making different tests and everything, but for me it was well, just the basic psychology and nothing extremely difficult to understand. Though it was rather cute to see how he was able to earn girl's trust rather fast, despite the fact that she did not connect with anyone else.
They also tried to but in some kind of storyline of Narumi having former relationship with Abiko Miori - family doctor and sister of detective Abiko Kento. But I would say that all this friendship and relationship theme got really lost in the movie and ended up not adding points to the movie. It is again one moment, when you think that they could have developed this part more, but it would need to be a bit longer than just 1,5 hour special. At the same time I felt that a big role on the incident laid on Abiko Miori as she was the family doctor and should have noticed that it is not normal for a perfectly healthy child to end up in the hospital all the time. I know that it might be a lot to ask, but as a family doctor she should pay the most attention to child health and in case of abnormalities, look more into it.
 I feel that Abiko Kento role was totally set aside and shown as if detectives and police are incapable and stupid when it comes to investigation. I truly felt that police was put into bad light with this movie as they were literally giving the false charges without any evidences. In addition, I felt that Narumi Saku was more included to explain girl's emotional and mental state, rather than actually help out with the investigation - as in real investigation he should have had a talk with the suspect way before than he did.
The one actress that I need to bring out and praise her skills is definitely Watanabe Konomi who plays Nao. With being just 7 years old that time, she managed to steal my heart and shine the brightest out of all the cast. It was not an easy role, but I think she managed very well to bring out all the sides of Nao.
This is actually the second special of this series. The first one is "Naze Kazoku wa Kesareta no ka", but the only character who is said to be the same, is Narumi Saku. (In May 2017, the first special is still without English subtitles, but hopefully some subbers will pick it up soon)  

No comments:

Post a Comment