ANNOUNCEMENTS

I am sorry to announce that I have made a decision to officially close Cypsis' Blog.

All the reviews stay up as they are, but I will not write more reviews. Cypsis' Blog had many ups-and-downs during those 7 years and I have tried to give the best I could, but unfortunately my life has moved on so much that finding time for reviewing has become more and more difficult. Closing the blog is breaking my heart, but I have thought a lot about it and understood that it is for the best. I am very thankful to everybody who have enjoyed reading my reviews.
(PS. I am still continuing to watch Asian dramas and you can always find me on Mydramalist.com)

Thank you for all these 7 years. I hope that those 240 reviews made you happy. I truly had unforgettable time writing them!

Sincerely, Cypsis
01.01.2018

Monday, April 30, 2012

Whispering Corridors 4: The Voice (2005)


Also known as: Voice Letter
Country: South-Korea
Format: movie
Genre: horror (buuuhuuu- drama!!)
Cast: Kim Ok Bin, Kim Seo Hyung, Cha Ye Ryun, Lee Eun, Kim Sung Tae,
Synopsis: Young-eon,the top singer at an all girls school, is murdered by a music sheet cutting her throat in the opening scene. The following day, it becomes clear that only her bestfriend Sun-Min is able to hear her voice. Sun-min begins speculating that the music teacher must have killed Young-eon. Sun-Min befriends a lonely and strange girl at school named Choh-Ah, who can hear the voices of the dead, and she helps the two solve the incident. Things get complicated when music teacher commits a suicide, day light comes over another, older death and Sun-Min and Choh-Ah understand that Young-Eon's memories are incorrect. 
Rating: 1/5
I do not get how this is even considered to be an horror movie, because the scariest part of it is the written synopsis - it contains no hardcore killing nor psychological terror. I think the thing that makes horror movies scary is when they have a bit realism in them, but The Voice consists of unnatural and illogical scenes.
Young Eon gets a really bad paper cut, but there was too much messing around her death, especially when her body was found - sadly, this kind of death has occured in South-Korea (I think it was in 2010? not 100% sure) when one man in wheelchair ride into elevator, while elevator itself was not there. Really disgusting.. Most of the time Young Eon goes on crying. She had too many conflicts on her own, which made the movie difficult to follow.
Sun Min, so called best friend, is also most of the time crying and I do not understand how she does not remember anything either. I know that Young Eon's memory failed, but many things were about Sun Min too. Beside, they tried to show that they were really great friends for a loooong time and that makes it non-sense to see how few she knew about Young Eon, starting from her personality!
I did not recognize Cha Ye Ryun at first. It is total horror movie cliche that girl with the hairstyle is always different from others and can see/hear supernatural things. She turns into ghost-professional.
Easily said the tempo of the movie was slowwww-sloooooowwww-evenslowwwwweeeeeeer-
slowwwwww-fast-THE END. There were so many unnecessary things put in. There was like two killers and two suiciders, so what the ramen?? I did not like that they had those paralleel stories, because there was too much of everything and nothing special about anything.  It is said to be the best of  "Whispering corridors" series, so I am now sure that I will not even consider watching another. Of course there were many twists that kept on some interest, but something must be wrong when a scardy-cat like me does not hide my face into the blanket.
When usually I have something nice to say about the OST or filming or lights.. then the OST sucked as they used like 3-4 songs for the whole movie, at least they were so similar that it seemed so, and who the hell would install RED lights into girls school?? It looked more like red light street than school. I should also mention that there is lesbian-theme added to the movie, though as everything about this movie - it is not the best.
If a true "Whispering corridors" fan reads it and starts to hate me, then for their pleasure I say that maybe "The voice" contains higher horrorness and needs greater knowledge of horror movies than I have to appreciate it. I know that many reviewers have praised it to heaven, but my 5 member watching group ended up in sleep..


No comments:

Post a Comment