ANNOUNCEMENTS

I am sorry to announce that I have made a decision to officially close Cypsis' Blog.

All the reviews stay up as they are, but I will not write more reviews. Cypsis' Blog had many ups-and-downs during those 7 years and I have tried to give the best I could, but unfortunately my life has moved on so much that finding time for reviewing has become more and more difficult. Closing the blog is breaking my heart, but I have thought a lot about it and understood that it is for the best. I am very thankful to everybody who have enjoyed reading my reviews.
(PS. I am still continuing to watch Asian dramas and you can always find me on Mydramalist.com)

Thank you for all these 7 years. I hope that those 240 reviews made you happy. I truly had unforgettable time writing them!

Sincerely, Cypsis
01.01.2018

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Kimi ni Todoke (2010)


Also known as: From me to you, Reaching for you
Country: Japan
Genre: youth, school, romance, comedy
Format: movie
Cast: Miura Haruma, Tabe Mikako, Kiritani Mirei, Renbutsu Misako, Watanabe Natsuna, Aoyama Haru, Kanai Yuta, Arata, Tomita Yasuko, Katsumura Masanobu, Haruyama Rena
Synopsis: Kuronuma Sawako, with a nickname Sadako as she reminds Sadako from "The Ring", is always misunderstood by other people. Actually she is a normal girl whose motto is "One good deed everyday" and who wants to live up to other's expectations. Until the day when the school's most popular guy starts to speak to her, she has been alone and left out. Since that day everything changes.
Rating: 5/5
It was made after same named manga. It is amazing how similar are manga characters and real actors!! There actually was  a popularity guess who should play in the live-action and Miura Haruma was like 100% winner, but Tabe Mikako was not even listed (she was not so famous actress, I think).
I wish I would have seen it as first Miura Haruma role (not "Koizora the movie"), because in this movie, I understood why he is so talented and loved actor! I agree that he is great! He just was Kazehaya! It did not seem acting at all! It was a copy-paste of the actual Kazehaya from manga!!! 
There is a great friendship between Sawako, Chizuru and Yano. Like every friendship, their friendship suffers from false rumors and it is so sad how Sawako tried to clear them away. But I liked Chizuru's and Yano's thought that only thing that matters is what they think of each others (Not sure if that thought was brought up in movie..). Shizuru and Yano are so cool! They are totally different, but they truly are best-friends. Also what is great is Shizuru's and Ryu's story - it is a small side story, but cute.
I love Sawako's character!! She was a late-bloomer - knew nothing about friendship and love. She saw many things through pink glasses, but she was so cute at the same time. Usually I get annoyed by too naive people, but I found Sawako just a sweet person. All this unknowing and shyness explains many her actions too. She definitely is the cutest character in the story. Maybe one thing that is different than in manga is that in movie you cannot see much her feelings so much. As it is a shoujo manga, then there are all those *too much emotions* thing xD
Kazehaya at the same time did everything that makes a girl heart beat fast and he showed his emotions much, but on the other hand, he seemed to be like it with others too. There are sooooo cute scenes between Kazehaya and Sawako. It looked like he did not want to lose a sight of Sawako no matter what the situation was xD (OMG! Miura Haruma's smile is irresistible!)
It is one of those cute high-school love-movies, which everyone wants to have during their school-years but few have. (Mind went blank again.. I should not write reviews, when I am sick and have to write poetry-essay of Jessenin, Blok and Brjussov (Russian poerty writers).. I definitely would change my studies with high-school love ^o^).
There is much action and really different story lines in it. (Like you know, I am not the slow-movie type xD) I first watched the movie and then fell in love with manga too. Like I have heard, then it is a pretty popular stuff =P I actually cannot recall any annoying aspect of the movie!! O.o Now I would like to watch it again ^^ (Please, do not tell me that I have not finished my homework and tomorrow is a school day!) 

(For people who know "The Ring" girl as Samara: In American version it really is Samara, but the original, Japanese version, is Sadako. Japanese version is said to be much scarier, so Americans decided to make a less scarier version and also changed the name, because Samara is more American than Sadako)

No comments:

Post a Comment