ANNOUNCEMENTS

I am sorry to announce that I have made a decision to officially close Cypsis' Blog.

All the reviews stay up as they are, but I will not write more reviews. Cypsis' Blog had many ups-and-downs during those 7 years and I have tried to give the best I could, but unfortunately my life has moved on so much that finding time for reviewing has become more and more difficult. Closing the blog is breaking my heart, but I have thought a lot about it and understood that it is for the best. I am very thankful to everybody who have enjoyed reading my reviews.
(PS. I am still continuing to watch Asian dramas and you can always find me on Mydramalist.com)

Thank you for all these 7 years. I hope that those 240 reviews made you happy. I truly had unforgettable time writing them!

Sincerely, Cypsis
01.01.2018

Friday, May 27, 2011

Dance Drill (2006)


Country: Japan
Genre: School, romance, dance, sports
Format: drama 11 episodes
Cast: Eikura Nana, Kato Rosa, Masuda Takahisa, Kokubun Taichi, Kanno Miho, Morita Ayaka, Nishihara Aki,  Yuki Saya
Synopsis: During the last summer vacation of high-school girls, who have found themselves in a point of uncertain future, decide to start cheer-leading. Soon it will be all they live for.
Rating: 2/5
I am not a big fan of those girly things as cheer-leading. As most schools in most places cheer-leaders are those who are pretty, talented and sometimes full of themselves, these are also my memories with cheer-leading. But "Dance Drill" is different as those girls are not the beauty queens nor so talented or smart. They are the so-called lower students who are facing dropping out from high school. But about their dancing skills I must say that good things come only with great practice. Only their last performance of all cheers is worth watching XD Sorry for being so harsh.  But it is great to see them practicing so much to get were they want to be!
Aikawa Kaname, acted by Eikura Nana, is the leading lady who is the worst student.
I did not like Ishibashi Wataru (played by Kokubun Taichi) role, because it looked like the author of drama just tried to make the teacher more interesting. It sure was interesting to see traditional Japanese dance, but it would not mean anything if they would have left it out. All the points I gave were because of Suzuki Carlos Saburota´s (Masuda Takahisa) character and his love towards Aikawa Kaname (Eikura Nana).
 I totally loved Saburota´s character - he was such a sweetheart (even though he was peeker/stalker at some times xD In a good way)! For Masuda´s fans I say that do not cry very much in episode 5. He actually did not get his hand broken - but these are really well-made scenes O.o 
There is one great conversation between Carlos and Kaname. Kaname asks if Carlos does not feel embarrassed by all those confessions, because everyone are laughing, and Carlos answers that he himself is laughing too and otherwise in future he would regret not telling Kaname about his feelings. So if you love someone - then make sure to tell them that! In one moment it might be too late and you will never be able to say it. It is better to try and get hurt than not say it and regret it for all your life. This drama also teaches how important it is to care for your friends. "One for all and all for one" like The Musketeers said!
SPOILER*  it was really cute that finally Kaname showed some feelings too - but sadly it was too late :S  I totally cried in the end when Carlos went back to Brazil and said good-bye to Kaname (When it comes to dramas/movies, I can be a real cry-baby).

No comments:

Post a Comment