ANNOUNCEMENTS

I am sorry to announce that I have made a decision to officially close Cypsis' Blog.

All the reviews stay up as they are, but I will not write more reviews. Cypsis' Blog had many ups-and-downs during those 7 years and I have tried to give the best I could, but unfortunately my life has moved on so much that finding time for reviewing has become more and more difficult. Closing the blog is breaking my heart, but I have thought a lot about it and understood that it is for the best. I am very thankful to everybody who have enjoyed reading my reviews.
(PS. I am still continuing to watch Asian dramas and you can always find me on Mydramalist.com)

Thank you for all these 7 years. I hope that those 240 reviews made you happy. I truly had unforgettable time writing them!

Sincerely, Cypsis
01.01.2018

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

You're my Pet (2011)


Country: South-Korea
Genre: romance, comedy
Format: movie
Cast: Jang Geun Suk, Kim Ha Neul, Ryu Tae Joon, Jung Yoo Mi, Choi Jong Hoon, Kang Hae In,
Synopsis: (Korean version of "Kimi wa Petto" with major changes)  Eun Yi is an editor for fashion magazine, but she fails in all kind of human relationships. One day she goes home and finds a total stranger in her bathroom - In Ho, former ballet dancer who now wants to become a choreograph. The thing was that Eun Yi's younger brother decided to earn a little bit money from letting In Ho stay at his sister's place. Eun Yi tries to get him out of the house with contract that for staying he must become her pet Momo - but for her surprise In Ho is willing to do everything for a warm place and food.
Rating: 4/5
Watch it as a totally another movie! I will compare it to the original, but as a different movie it blew the top off! If it would have been a totally different movie, it would have gotten 5 stars. Watch out to get real subs!! at first I saw it with wrong subs and did not understand a thing - for hint there are good subs on YouTube...
Ji Eun Yi is not emotionless, she is just independent, formal and workaholic. To compare it with Sumire, Eun Yi is more "normal" as she does not think of him as that much of a dog, but at the same time it is one of the most important point in their story. I like that they made her eat ice-cream a lot, in place of smoking, because ice-cream rocks =P I did not like the fact that she had 3 best friends, even though I have noticed that most of the lead females have 2-3 best friends in Korean dramas/movies. Sharing the secret with too many people is inconvenient. Kim Ha Neul is a beautiful actress, but I did not like her in one scene - in front of the theatre she looked too fake.
Korean Momo is one pervet-minded  guy.. To tell you the truth, then actually Ji Eun Su (Eun Ji's brother, who took In Ho to her place) was not a friend of In Ho - he was just In Ho friend's co-worker. He takes such an advantage on her, that sometimes it seems like he is the master and Eun Yi is the pet. Jang Geun Suk has showed how great dancer he is in all kind of styles - techtonik, shuffling etc.and he took special dance lessons just for that role!
The dance part was great in the movie, but I was hoping for some real ballet or contemporary like in the original, yet these would be hard to put into the musical. He himself said that if it would not have been him acting the part of Momo, then there would have been no way to make the movie. A little bit egoistic, but I can agree with him. I cannot recall any Korean actor, who would not look too manly or too girly and would look as hot as fire with long hair.
Of course Jang Geun Suk's puppy eyes come in handy too. But he should not be so full of himself too - firstly, he should change his "horny-flirting-face-with-slitted-eyes" it is not that hot - I like more the face of "you-do-not-know-what-naughty-plan-I-have-face" (Have no idea if you understand it). My sister told that actually she was impressed by Jang Geun Suk as he is most known for his one-side-characters (Mu Gyul "Marry me, Mary ", Tae Kyung "You're beautiful " - you can pull parallels), but here he kind of made an over-acting cuteness with "Whang!". Even that cute little girl knew who is hot!
Cha Wo Sung is still an bastard, but this time a hot bastard - there is just few minutes of pure eye-joy from him. Actually he is an even bigger bastard here. Lee Young Min is not so annoying, but it is all because there is not so much screen time for her. Other characters were mostly left out - that's why I was very disappointed when they brought those Eun Yi friends in. Why to triple-cate (No idea how to say duplicate for three person) if it were okey with one.
Extra points for style - they looked so great and  I so want to steal Eun Yi heels. The shootings were amazing and I actually liked it very much. I enjoyed those small visions and animations. This kind
of version of the story is definitely more normal  and understandable than Japanese original. It is like more realistic situation. I liked the fact that they stuck with one lie, but the way they get busted is sooooooooo harsh! For a spoiler I say that it has the most beautiful almost-kiss-scene ever! (in need of doing an "almost-kiss-list"),  but well.. there is some great real kiss-scenes too and people that have seen Jang Geun Suk's acting know that it won't be some lame fish-kiss.
Not sure if everything, but at least some of the filming was made in Japan.One more thing - it has amazing OST - they took total advantage of Jang Geun Suk's voice.
(Btw. That movie poster looks just like some X-rated movie, not that I have seen one. Actually the reason I chose it was that hopefully it is an eye-catcher xD)




No comments:

Post a Comment