ANNOUNCEMENTS

I am sorry to announce that I have made a decision to officially close Cypsis' Blog.

All the reviews stay up as they are, but I will not write more reviews. Cypsis' Blog had many ups-and-downs during those 7 years and I have tried to give the best I could, but unfortunately my life has moved on so much that finding time for reviewing has become more and more difficult. Closing the blog is breaking my heart, but I have thought a lot about it and understood that it is for the best. I am very thankful to everybody who have enjoyed reading my reviews.
(PS. I am still continuing to watch Asian dramas and you can always find me on Mydramalist.com)

Thank you for all these 7 years. I hope that those 240 reviews made you happy. I truly had unforgettable time writing them!

Sincerely, Cypsis
01.01.2018

Thursday, June 2, 2011

1 litre of tears (2005)




Country: Japan
Genre: family, romance, human, life
Format: drama 11 episodes + special
Cast: Sawajiri Erika, Nishikido Ryo, Yakushimaru Hiroko, Jinnai Takanori, Narumi Riko, Fujiki Naohito,  (Matsuyama Kenichi)
Synopsis: The story is about Ikeuchi Aya, 15-year-old girl, who is diagnosed with a spinocerebellar degeneration disease (aka SCA type 2). The disease, which will paralyse person´s talking, walking and eating, but do not harm the mind at all, changes lives of her and people beside her.  
Rating: 5/5
The drama is true life story. Kitou Aya (1962-1988) suffered from that disease, before her death, her writings were published and drama is based on these.
 It is a MUST-SEE drama! Even if you hate sad dramas, you should watch it. It reminds us, that life is full of unexpected things and there are people who are ill and we must be there for them - not to pity them or stay away.
I definitely cried more than 1 litre of tears. I cried since the first episode till the end of it. Every time I feel like crying, I consider watching it again, but as soon as it starts, I already cry.
Sawajiri Erika made a great work. She did not not over-act. Nishikido Ryo as Hayato was great too, even though Hayato did not exist in a real life - he was the only fictional character.
The scene of Nishikido Ryo crying is considered as one of the best male-character crying scenes - it is in later episode, so look for it (I think it is in 10th episode). But this drama also had a funny fact - Nishikido
Ryo gets wet really often - some fans made funny pics about it too, but I cannot submit them here, since I have not done them and I do not know who made them.


1 litre of tears SP (2007)

Country: Japan
Genre: Human, life, romance
Cast: mostly same as drama +Okamoto Anri
Synopsis aka SPOILER (for those who have not finished watching drama): After Aya´s death, Hayato has become neurologist at the same hospital were Aya was treated, but he has lost his sight and will. He meets 14-year-old Mizuki, who suffers from the same disease as Aya. At the same time Aya´s sister, Ako, is in training to become a nurse.
Rating: 1/5
Drama was much better. If there is someone who most likely do not want to watch the whole drama, then watch SP - it takes all episodes together in a smaller amount, but at the same time it shows who the life went on after the drama ended. Besides, it is damn romantic that Hayato left emptiness, it shows how much he wanted Aya to live, but as I know - every grief must have an end - the ones, who left do not want us to feel sad. To not worry - you will still cry your eyes out.
(I have an idea - next time when I want to cry I will watch SP!)




No comments:

Post a Comment