ANNOUNCEMENTS

I am sorry to announce that I have made a decision to officially close Cypsis' Blog.

All the reviews stay up as they are, but I will not write more reviews. Cypsis' Blog had many ups-and-downs during those 7 years and I have tried to give the best I could, but unfortunately my life has moved on so much that finding time for reviewing has become more and more difficult. Closing the blog is breaking my heart, but I have thought a lot about it and understood that it is for the best. I am very thankful to everybody who have enjoyed reading my reviews.
(PS. I am still continuing to watch Asian dramas and you can always find me on Mydramalist.com)

Thank you for all these 7 years. I hope that those 240 reviews made you happy. I truly had unforgettable time writing them!

Sincerely, Cypsis
01.01.2018

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Niini no koto wo wasurenaide (2009)


Country: Japan
Genre: Family, human, drama
Format: movie
Cast: Nishikido Ryo, Yamada Ryosuke, Tanaka Rena, Kuroki Hitomi, Shirakawa Yumi,
Synopsis: Kawai Keisuke wants to become a physicist since young age. At the age of 15 he is diagnosed with brain tumor and doctors tell he has only one year to live. He loses meaning of his life and falls into despair. With help of his family and friends he is able to live another 8 years.
Rating:2/5
Another sad, based on true life story (You can find that it is based on same-named  novel by Kawakami Masumi, but the novel is based on true-life). I have watched it twice - First time was during the 24-Hour Tv 2009, when that movie was first shown, but the second time was later (with English subs - I cannot understand Japanese so well, but the movie is really easy to understand in Japanese too! may be it is because they do not have long conversations that much?) Even though it is a sad movie, I managed not to cry.. But I cried when I saw the real family and heard real Keisuke´s brother´s letter. Losing someone precious always hurts.
Back to the movie. Nishikido Ryo acts those kind of characters well (despair, sad, lost life´s point etc)
- It might be only my opinion that he has acted similar ("1 litre of tears", "Orthos no inu", "Last friends", "Joker" (oke in it he was a little bit perverted and funny too), "Ryuzei no Kizuna" - O.o I really must watch different dramas from him!!! like "Chonmage Purin", "Attention please" "Inu o Kau to Iu koto" may be then I can find another side - Pretty much named most of his dramas -.-)
This was the first time I saw Yamada Ryosuke´s acting.. yeah, he has a cute smile xD
But otherwise, it was like going and going and going and then when it arrives you have fallen asleep (reminds a gif-file of Akanishi Jin -.-) actually I think it is only that kind of drama which is best to watch in earlier time, not when you have not slept for many-many hours.
I enjoyed the family trip part and brother-to-brother parts, but like I said: It is just not my cup of tea :/
One fan-made trailer too (For people who do not want spoilers, it is better do not watch, but it is really-really well made!)




1 comment: