ANNOUNCEMENTS

I am sorry to announce that I have made a decision to officially close Cypsis' Blog.

All the reviews stay up as they are, but I will not write more reviews. Cypsis' Blog had many ups-and-downs during those 7 years and I have tried to give the best I could, but unfortunately my life has moved on so much that finding time for reviewing has become more and more difficult. Closing the blog is breaking my heart, but I have thought a lot about it and understood that it is for the best. I am very thankful to everybody who have enjoyed reading my reviews.
(PS. I am still continuing to watch Asian dramas and you can always find me on Mydramalist.com)

Thank you for all these 7 years. I hope that those 240 reviews made you happy. I truly had unforgettable time writing them!

Sincerely, Cypsis
01.01.2018

Monday, August 15, 2011

Memoirs of a teenage amnesiac (2009)



Also known as: Dareka ga watashi ni kisu wo shita
Country: USA - Japan collab.
Genre: friendship, youth, romance
Format: movie
Cast: Horikita Maki, Tegoshi Yuya, Matsuyama Ken'ichi, Anton Yelchin, Emma Roberts, Kylee, Kiritani Mirei
Synopsis: Naomi is a high school student who loses 4 years of her memory after falling down the stairs. She faces the situation where she has 3 possible boyfriend candidates, as well she must find out who she really is and what she wants from life.
Rating: 4/5
Outstanding cast - I think they have made a really great choice with them. Actually I did not knew that Emma Roberts will take part of it until I saw her in it (I am a little bit of  a fan of her ^^). Speaking of cast, I enjoyed most Tegoshi Yuya as he really suited to be Hasegawa Mirai, even though he is nothing like Hasegawa in real life. Character was well played and he was my favorite character of all. I actually did not know anything about Anton Yelchin and even now I have not seen any of his other films, but he acted pretty well. Despite of that all you might remember of him was that his character wanted mostly one thing from girls. I do not know what to say about Matsuyama Ken'ichi, because I think most of you will agree to me, when I say that he is just so amazing actor. He played his character well, but I liked his character the least. It seemed like all scenes where he was, went on so slowly. If I would have been Naomi, then I would have run from him. I saw it coming, that he was not mentally alright from the start. Horikita Maki is one of my favorite actresses (I just understood that I say it about many actresses). Her English is so cute!!! ^^
Half of the text is in English and half in Japanese, which is understandable as they attend Tokyo American School. Whole movie has American touch in it, because the director of it is Hollywood director Hans Canosa and it is based on a novel by Gabrielle Zevin. Horikita Maki and Tegoshi Yuya look kind a similar actually in it xD but I think that is because of the similar hair style. Their friendship was actually amazing.
It has great dialogues and they have used the scenes well. All movie mostly revolves around Naomi's relationships with others.  I think the cast gives the most stars to it. 


SPOILER: In some way I understand why Naomi did not tell the truth after remembering everything. She had the ability to live her life different from before, but at the same time she did not think that she might hurt others with it , especially Hasegawa Mirai, but I loved that in the end they got together YAAY.

1 comment:

  1. kyyaahh!!!!
    you know, I love the man who wears head accessory..:"P
    bonnets, caps, head band, earphone, shades and specially EYE GLASSES!! so I really love Mirai Hasegawa!! ( but honestly, It's TEGOSHI who I really love.. :"P) haha!!

    ReplyDelete