ANNOUNCEMENTS

I am sorry to announce that I have made a decision to officially close Cypsis' Blog.

All the reviews stay up as they are, but I will not write more reviews. Cypsis' Blog had many ups-and-downs during those 7 years and I have tried to give the best I could, but unfortunately my life has moved on so much that finding time for reviewing has become more and more difficult. Closing the blog is breaking my heart, but I have thought a lot about it and understood that it is for the best. I am very thankful to everybody who have enjoyed reading my reviews.
(PS. I am still continuing to watch Asian dramas and you can always find me on Mydramalist.com)

Thank you for all these 7 years. I hope that those 240 reviews made you happy. I truly had unforgettable time writing them!

Sincerely, Cypsis
01.01.2018

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

RESCUE (2009)



Country: Japan
Genre: rescue, action
Format: drama 9 episodes
Cast: Nakamaru Yuichi, Masuda Takahisa, Yamamoto Yusuke, Shoei, Kaname Jun, Tanaka Yoji, Yamamoto Koji, Ishiguro Ken, Takahashi You, Ichikawa Yui, Fueki Yuko (Yoo Min), Ebata Hiroki, Nishihara Aki,
Synopsis: Kitajima Daichi (Played by Nakamaru Yuichi) was saved by a Special Rescue team as a child, now he and his friend Tetsuka Yutaka (Masuda Takahisa) enter Special Rescue Team trainings to become a member of Super Ranger.
Rating: 3/5
First star for cutting their hair. As many of you might know Nakamaru Yuichi and Masuda Takahisa had longer hair since young age and they had to cut their hair just to get the role. I liked them with longer hair too, but the star is for willing to do the chance. (And as I have seen they still have shorter hair since then xD) Another star for ... half-naked scenes. There were many bathroom scenes and scene without shirts. (If you have seen Masuda Takahisa´s muscles, then you should know what to wait for)
I liked the drama for showing the hard life of rescuers. As a average person we might never understand how much are they trying to give their best. It was a great contrast to show characters´ personal life too (Oke mostly it was just drinking beer in a pub xD).
Usually I am not a big action fan, but "Rescue" really got my attention, especially because the emergencies were real (as they might happen). Another thing is that they must had a REAAALLY BIG budget to make all those explosions and fires.
The series was made with collaboration of real rescue squad of Yokohama, so the actors received a rescuing knowledge too.
It was filmed in winter 2009, so respect to actors for coping with the cold.
I liked the theme song too - "Rescue" by KAT-TUN.

No comments:

Post a Comment