ANNOUNCEMENTS

I am sorry to announce that I have made a decision to officially close Cypsis' Blog.

All the reviews stay up as they are, but I will not write more reviews. Cypsis' Blog had many ups-and-downs during those 7 years and I have tried to give the best I could, but unfortunately my life has moved on so much that finding time for reviewing has become more and more difficult. Closing the blog is breaking my heart, but I have thought a lot about it and understood that it is for the best. I am very thankful to everybody who have enjoyed reading my reviews.
(PS. I am still continuing to watch Asian dramas and you can always find me on Mydramalist.com)

Thank you for all these 7 years. I hope that those 240 reviews made you happy. I truly had unforgettable time writing them!

Sincerely, Cypsis
01.01.2018

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Chichi yo, anata wa erakatta (2009)


Tagline: 1969 nen no Oyaji to boku (Me and dad in 1969)
Country: Japan
Genre: family, time travel, history
Format: movie
Cast: Kato Shigeaki, Aibu Saki, Tsutsumishita Atsushi, Nishida Toshiyuki, Izumi Pinko, Oshinari Shugo, Nukumizu Youichi,
Synopsis: Onoreda Riichi (Nishida Toshiyuki) and Harumi (Izumi Pinko) have been married for years. Now Riichi is forced to go on a early pension and because of family troubles, divorce becomes possible option. Their son Masaru (Kato Shigeaki) has not got any job and fights with father are usual things. After one big fight Masaru leaves home, he falls from the building´s roof and goes trough a time-slip, waking up in year 1969, when his parents went to university.
Rating: 2/5
I must say that i like that movie just because of Kato Shigeaki. I do not know why, but I enjoy his acting very much. And I loved that they had put in use Kato Shigeaki´s music talent ^^ I love when people, who can sing, are singing in dramas/movies. Beside he sings a great song there - "Kiseki" by Greeeen. (The funny thing is that Kato Shigeaki is in NEWS and many their songs are written by Greeeen ^^)
What I enjoyed too, is that this movie shows the life in 1969-s, when there were big street protests because of the economy and political reasons. It also compares nowadays with past about life, youth, opinions etc.
It might look too slow movie, but it is sweet actually. The start is reaaaaaalllly slow, that I did not like, but I liked the fact that later it was clearly seen how emotions and out-views changed. There are many times when young people do not understand their parents and parents do not understand their children. Ones want to be free and independent and others want their children to succeed in life. I think that most of the time children forgot the fact that their parents have been young too and parents tend to forgot what their youth was like.
I did not understand the Ryu Shi-won part. It was a little bit over-done - had nothing to do the main- nor side-stories. I liked Oshinari Shuga acting too - actually I did not recognize him at the first sight xD From the side-stories Harumi-Kamijo story was the best. 
A little cute fact - in this movie Kato Shigeaki character wanted to become mangaka (Manga artist) and in the next drama (If we exclude "0 Gyoushitsu no Kyaku: Kanpeki no otoko") "Troubleman" he was a mangaka.

No comments:

Post a Comment