ANNOUNCEMENTS

I am sorry to announce that I have made a decision to officially close Cypsis' Blog.

All the reviews stay up as they are, but I will not write more reviews. Cypsis' Blog had many ups-and-downs during those 7 years and I have tried to give the best I could, but unfortunately my life has moved on so much that finding time for reviewing has become more and more difficult. Closing the blog is breaking my heart, but I have thought a lot about it and understood that it is for the best. I am very thankful to everybody who have enjoyed reading my reviews.
(PS. I am still continuing to watch Asian dramas and you can always find me on Mydramalist.com)

Thank you for all these 7 years. I hope that those 240 reviews made you happy. I truly had unforgettable time writing them!

Sincerely, Cypsis
01.01.2018

Friday, July 22, 2011

Last Friends (2008)


Country: Japan
Genre: romance, domestic violence, friendship, LGBT
Format: drama 11 episodes
Cast: Nagasawa Masami, Nishikido Ryo, Ueno Juri, Eita, Mizukawa Asami, Yamazaki Shigenori, Nishihara Aki,
Synopsis: Michiru has had a very difficult childhood and has gone through man difficult things. Finally she moves in with her good and caring boyfriend, but as soon as she has moved in Sosuke turns out to be a violent and jealous man. On one day Michiru runs into her old friend Ruka who introduces Michiko to her house mates. Michiru finds care and love from them, but actually every person has its own problems to think of too. 
Rating: 3/5
It was pain to watch, but after it had ended.. I totally liked it. It was horrible and crazy and bad, but it really showed different sides of the world. There are many people who suffer from domestic violence, there are many people who have childhood traumas, where they have been abused, there are also many people who hesitate in their sexual orientation. And I liked that this drama brought up all those themes, because those are the things that most of the people do not want to talk about.
As you see it has an outstanding cast too.  My favorites were Eita and Ueno Juri. I have always liked Eita's acting and his character was great too.  About Ueno Juri I discovered that she would have been great in Michiru role too, but she as a tomboy was good too. I liked that Ruka was hesitating about many things, but in the end she wanted others to be happy. I did not liked Nagasawa Masami's acting much, because I actually almost forgot who was played the part of Michiru. I think that Michiru role was difficult, so I forgive her. In this drama Nishikido Ryo is the violent one... it is spooky xD Acting was great and fictionally was the character too. It was so amazing how Sosuke had hide it before, but they say that usually those kind of man really hide it until it is to late for woman to leave.
The end was so unpredictable.. I did not see that coming. I understood that something happens, but did not think that in this way to that person. No spoilers, watch it if you want to know ;)
I must say that it took a lot of courage and coercion to watch it, but i am really happy I did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment