ANNOUNCEMENTS

I am sorry to announce that I have made a decision to officially close Cypsis' Blog.

All the reviews stay up as they are, but I will not write more reviews. Cypsis' Blog had many ups-and-downs during those 7 years and I have tried to give the best I could, but unfortunately my life has moved on so much that finding time for reviewing has become more and more difficult. Closing the blog is breaking my heart, but I have thought a lot about it and understood that it is for the best. I am very thankful to everybody who have enjoyed reading my reviews.
(PS. I am still continuing to watch Asian dramas and you can always find me on Mydramalist.com)

Thank you for all these 7 years. I hope that those 240 reviews made you happy. I truly had unforgettable time writing them!

Sincerely, Cypsis
01.01.2018

Friday, July 29, 2011

Do-re-mi-fa-sol-la-si-do (2008)


Country: South-Korea
Genre: friendship, romance, music
Format: movie
Cast: Jang Geun Suk, Cha Ye Ryun, Jung Ui Cheol, Im Joo Hwan, Lee Eon Jeong,
Synopsis: Jung Won (Cha Ye Ryun) works part-time as a Dragon mascot at amusement park. One day some guys pull a joke on her. To make a revenge on them she pours drink on the main guy. Some days later she founds out that the same guy has moved next door with his family, by some agreements they start to get along, but it happens that Eun Kyu's (Jang Geun Suk) band mate is former best friend of Jung Won.
Rating: 4/5
It is really unpredictable movie. At first I really thought "ahh.. and then happens that and that.." but actually none of it happened! The best description of the story line is "slow-slow-slow-BANG - slow-slow-BANG - slow-slow- BANG-slow". (Those "BANGS" are the places when biiig changes happen). In addition, it does not seem like a sad movie or something, but it made me cry with seconds, because of the situation in the movie.
I like when movies show some great relationships and in this movie Jung Won's and his brother's relationship is amazing. It seems like they do not like to help each other and are fighting and yelling more, but actually what really showed how great their relationship is, was when brother beated up Hee Won.
Jang Geun Suk looks so young in it. XD I just had to mention it... some of the OSTs of the movie are also sang by him ^^ Once again I got proofs of his amazing acting and singing skills.
Even though I gave 4 stars to it, I actually had many things to disapprove.
Firstly, many things were hard to understand or totally unexplained. Like I did not see the part where they started to have feelings toward each other!?! At first they were not even friends, when they were together and then they already in love. Beside, did she start dating Eun Kyu to make Hee won jealous or because she wanted to be with Eun Kyu?  Also I did not understand if Hee Won really loved her or he just wanted to make her miserable to pay back for the past.

1 comment:

  1. There are two things I didn't like in the movie, is the amnesia trope used at the end. The guy forgets about her and a bit lack of chemistry between the lead couple.

    ReplyDelete